Thursday, November 29, 2007

synthetic essay

how did i do on essay...what can be improved for my writing in the essay....general essay rules:incorporate the sources into writing...make it fit not just plug it in bcuz you have to

I think I did reasonable well on the essay. It is hard for me because I did not have APUSH last year so I have never done a timed synthetic essay. So I probably did not do as well as I feel on it. I think my writing needs to be improved. We wrote so much for AP english last year and I feel like my writing is slipping. I think I need to improve my analysis skills. That's somethign i worked really ahrd on last year but this year I haven't so my analysis and conclusion skills have dropped dramatically. For general essay rules I think for synthetic essays I need to work on not jsut plugging in quotes, like I may have done last year, but really incorporating the imformation so it's more fluid. I think the pieces are supposed to flow and feel like there is no break in thought event with a quote.

No comments: